Saturday, August 25, 2012

Scrappy Saturday Teals


I have been away at Horse Camp this week. I did package up a little bit of teal scraps to do some hand sewing. I thought I would like to do some Hexes. I got three flowers fully together.


Sitting on my lawn chair table are some more teal and yellow centres for a few more flowers.  I have added this post to Soscrappy. As these can be added to my Rainbow Scrap Challenge for 2012.


I got my son to take a photo of me but it is not a great photo of me. Hat hair and squinting from bright sunlight. To see more about our horse camp trip check out my earlier post for today.

I also packed my star stuck lime quilt and my little rainbow place mat that need binding done, but I did not work on them at camp. Just to dirty and windy to work on large quilts. The Hexes were perfect in a little bag at my lawn chair.

Edit Sunday - I have added this to Kathy's Slow Stitch Sunday and Sew Many Ways Crafty Party as I have continued to work on a couple more this weekend.

13 comments:

  1. Cute turquoise hexies. Love your vacations pictures. What a beautiful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hexagons -- so cheerful in that turquoise (teal with a summer twist, eh?). I confess I'm not much of a Horse Person -- though I have enjoyed trail riding. I'm much better with cats. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hexies sound like just the right carry along for you. The rest will surely wait until things settle down again. Glad you enjoyed your trip. It sounds like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the teal hexagons - I hope to be starting my first hexagon project soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hexies are so much fun - your teal ones took terrific! Also read your horse camp adventures, which sounded lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful hexie flowers...a perfect project for traveling hand work! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hexies look great. They're my FAVORITE thing to make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started a Hexie project but lost interst, you inspire me to get mine out and make a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your hexy flowers! looks like a great traveling project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too have started to make a start on some hexigans. theres something really relaxing about them and I think your sewing venue looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty little hexies! May have to prep some of these for our next horse trip! And hat hair is to be expected when you're out riding and camping! Keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty Hexies! Looks like you had a fun weekend. I have hexies coming up on my midget blocks so I will finally get to make some!

    ReplyDelete