Monday, August 6, 2012

Design Wall Monday Aug 6th


I got playing with this little star block that also has a churn dash look in it. I looked in the Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns by Barbara Brackman, but did not find a name for it. I am going to call it Churn Dash Star.  My friend Joan A made one of these and I thought I would give it a try. I am using some of my older stash fabric with a few fabrics I just love. Love the pink dots. I am in so much trouble starting something new. I should be quilting and finishing some of my quilts. Maybe someone will have a baby girl and I will need a little quilt. Ha, no babies expected around me. Me and my sister in law's have all said no more, my kids are too young, my friends are too old, and no co-workers. May end up as a charity quilt.


I have a few other blocks cut out ready to assemble. I have figured out if I cut a fabric to show up three times (once in each spot), it uses half a fat quarter or a 6 inch strip.


Here is Joan's quilt she was working on back in June. So much fun looking.

I have added today's post to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

Edit - I have found out that the block is on the front cover of Simple Graces Charming Quilts Companions by Kim  Diehl. Thanks You Dolores.

7 comments:

  1. What a pretty block, and I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Churn Dash Star is adorable! I love it in the colors you are using. Churn Dash is one of my very favorite blocks ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Churn Dash Star design! I've never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Cathy. Just happened upon your blog and oh, my, you are so industrious! The churn dash star is so pleasing and your aqua block is gorgeous, as well as the blue scrap blocks. And on top of it all you post so frequently! What's your secret?
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are awesome. love the purples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, your churn dash stars is a block on the cover of Kim Diehl's book, Simple Graces.

    http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Simple-Graces-Charming-Quilts-Companion-Kim-Diehl/9781564779922-item.html?ikwid=diehl%2c+kim&ikwsec=Home

    It was also made into a quilt by a Canadian blogger, Rose Marie at http://appliqueandpatches.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete