Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Works In Progress Wednesday


Monday, I decided to work on my quilting because it was a holiday in Alberta and I wanted to use the holiday for myself. I started quilting on my Lime Green Star Struck. I came close to finishing but not quiet. I need to finish it today and get working on a customers quilt next. I might make some more Jam tonight after it cools down (say midnight).

I have added today's post to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday and Needle and Thread Network.


I have left these two photos a little larger if you want to enlarge the photo to see it closer. I still have to finish the blue stars and the last of the boarder.

Look what I won.

Yesterday I spent the day in the city. Mom and I went to the Funereal of a old quilt friend. A perfect services for an old friend. Then some shopping, supper and then a quilter's trunk show, complete with a magic show too.  I won these tie silks at the trunk show.

Turtle Bay by Claudia Pfeil

Claudia Pfeil of Germany is in town to teach machine quilting. Last night was a free trunk show. Turtle Bay by Claudia Pfeil was there in person. She is shipping it out to a quilt show today.

This quilt is amazing to see in person. Great work. I will say she spend a large part of a year on just this quilt ( well and running a business and kids ect). But my point is I do not think I could do just one quilt at a time. I get far to distracted.

Turtle Bay close up by Claudia Pfeil

9 comments:

  1. I love your lime green star struck quilt. I forgot it was a holiday on Monday and only realized it was when I dragged my kids to the bank and it was closed. Oooops. My condolences on the passing of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cathy! I just LOVE your Lime Green Star Struck!!! Is that Bonnie's pattern? Girl, you have a real GIFT for color :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the whirling curly q's designs are fabulous and what a breathtaking quilt!!

    Congrats on the fabric win too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely win for you! :-)

    Love the swirly quilting in the green star points.

    And yes; I agree -- I generally have to have more than one thing on the go, even though this week I have vowed to focus on finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some beautiful quilts to view- So sorry to hear of the passing of a quilt friend.
    I love your star struck quilt- very pretty and the quilting is gorgeous on it.
    Nice fabrics that you won- I will be interested to see how you will use them.
    Claudia's quilt is stunning - lots of beautiful details in it. Did the guild bring her in to the city?

    Happy creating,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your green star quilt! Those are my colors too. And the turtle bay quilt looks wonderful. That would be nice to see for real.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work. Like the Turtle Bay piece too. Must have been great in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Again a fantastic quilting design! and that lime green, good enough to eat? hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your quilt and the quilting you are doing on it.

    ReplyDelete