Saturday, September 22, 2012

Scrap Saturday


 I got in my sewing on Friday night after a very busy week. This is a second orange block for my rainbow quilt. I have something like 21 blocks done so far. I love the poke-a-dot fabric that has the yellow background but is strong enough to be in my oranges. Over at Soscrappy you can check out what the others are doing with orange or pumpkin. You can also go see what others were sewing on Friday Night Sew In.


 I got some poverty piecing done. Not sure what to do with some of these pieces.


 I thought I would show off my sewing machine that I used last night. My uncle David found a featherweight for me a few years back. My table is a bright pumpkin colour too. Do you see my sweet peas. They were so sweet smelling. Better then the smell coming from my husband last night. Sorry Honey. And thank you for the Birthday Cheese cake.


So far a very productive month of pumpkin. More Hexies got done over the week too. I have 16 orange flowers now. I am wondering if a should applique them to some pants.  I have a dog agility trial on Oct 6th and the theme is crazy pants. Mine might be too nice to be called crazy.

Today Mr Lex (the Dog) and I are at a dog agility trial early. I will let you know how it goes.

7 comments:

  1. Love the rich, vivid oranges you are using! Good luck with the agility trial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great orange blocks. You used up lots of scraps for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the color combinations!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Cathy. Beautiful colors for your blocks. Don't know what it is, but scrappy blocks are so pleasing. Maybe it's their randomness.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your oranges are so vivid - love them. I hope you'll consider joining my next monthly hexie linky party on 10/17.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried to leave a comment a few days ago, but blogger would not let me. LOVE your scrappy orange blocks. And all your orange lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these orange bits make me want a pumpkin roll and some apple cider. Love the blocks. Great FNSI!

    ReplyDelete