Friday, September 7, 2012

September Speaker

Talking with my hands
I was the speaker for the Black Gold Quilt Patch this last Wednesday night in Leduc. We have our meetings on the 1st Wednesday of the month but do not meet over July and Aug. This meeting is like the beginning of the fall sitting. I had told the program committee I was willing to speak on scrap storage and scrap quilts some months ago. I have been so good to work on using my scraps this year I was ready to talk about it.


Here is a quilt top I got done a few months back. It is not quilted yet. My Mom, Betty is on the right. She is a CQA judge and my best quilting buddy. We are going to sew together on Saturday with the Guild. Maybe I can make some progress on some of my quilt tops. I have so many quilts I could work on.


Here I am showing the pizza box of 1 1/2" strips of my mother's. It is very tidy and has some colour sorting. She has a pizza box for a few different sizes of scraps. I have been sorting my scraps by colour because of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I need to make a few Pumpkin blocks this month. Thank you Janet for talking my photos.

I have to go pack my quilt bags to tomorrow's sewing.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice opportunity to share some fun ideas. So glad your mom could go and help you out.

    ReplyDelete