Monday, May 28, 2012

Design Wall Monday RRCB 1 and 2


It is Design Wall Monday over at Patchwork Times. I do not have anything new on the wall yet but I do have some new patchwork on the big ironing board. I have steps 1 and 2 of RRCB done. What is RRCB? Roll Roll Cotton Boll is the mystery quilt Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville did back in Nov of 2010. Yes I am way behind. Well I did not start it till this year. I was seeing the quilt all last winter and made sure to print it out. I believe the pattern is going to be in her new book coming out in July.

Block mapping out my new colours

Bonnie had given a colour way of red, brown, pink and some green. I did not want to do those colours and since I was starting this knowing what the quilt and block was, I picked new colours. I wanted Lime green, navy, turquoise and purple.


I had a couple of hours one night last week to sew for myself. I worked hard on my string blocks. The next day I ironed my string blocks and found out I had very bad tension on my machine all the time. Look at those bad stitches. They are easy to unpick, just pull. But what a pain in the #$%*. I still have at least one more block to fix. Then I have about 12 more blocks to do yet. Finally I am seeing the end of the strings. We needed 60 string blocks. Then they are cut in half and four are sewn together.


3 comments:

  1. How aggravating! I sure like your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your color choices! I think I have all her mysteries saved off but still have yet to do one. Her new book is ready for pre-order. I think you are correct that it is included in there along with that Jamestown Landing one I have been drooling over for a year now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about ripping - Ugg! I really like the colors you have chosen - fun!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete