Monday, March 19, 2012

Design Wall Monday #8 and Hat


Last March we went to Hawaii for two weeks. It was a great holiday. I bought a small stack of Hawaiian prints and want to make a simple quilt with the fabrics. I got a few blocks started- six so far. I am thinking I will use White sashing. I like the four patch angle blocks, I will have to do more of those blocks. I am mixing in some Kona cottons solids with the Prints. A good little start. I have added this to Patchwork Time's Design Wall Monday, check out the other work going on this week.


My hat is dry. Last Friday me and friends worked on our wool felted hats. Check out Saturday's  Post to see how we did it. We were to get more snow today but it was a dusting. I may still need this hat this spring.


I got my kids to take my photo. Not great photos but you get the idea.


Outside you can see a bit more of the texture. I had some locks that were not carded and they all over the outside of the hat. Now I need a scarf to match as I lost my blue one after two weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Love the blocks! Great fabrics. Your hat is cute but if the weather is anything like it is here - sunny and 80 and way out of the ordinary for March - you may have to wait a while to wear it - LOL! But you have a jump on next winter, and ti will come again. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat Cathy. It looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete