Saturday, February 13, 2021

2nd Yellow Scrap Saturday


I got the top together. I am so happy to finish the quilt top. It is a baby quilt and the baby is due in March. This is the first quilt top I have finished in the past 15 months. Yes, a long time for me. But I still have to quilt and bind it. 


I used some 1 1/2" strings to do these blocks. I did 5 that started with a light yellow and finish with a darker yellow. then 5 the other way. so a total of 10 blocks. The blocks measure 7 1/5" unfinished size. 


So my wall looks like this for now. 


Nadine (my good Friend) is joining us with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2021. These are her yellow blocks she got done this week. She loves sunflower fabrics and has a few prints with yellow. 


Nadine and I were zooming and sewing together on Sunday with a few of our local sewing friends. 

I will add my post to the other yellow Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2021 over at Soscrappy. 

I am taking a zoom class today called Creative Expressions workshop : Milagro with Dawn Piasta It is hosted by the Edmonton and District Quilter Guilds. I let you know how that goes. Sunday is also a class on Bojagi/ Pojagi or Modern Korean Patchwork. 

 

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the top. It's so colourful and cheerful. Perfect for a child. Beautiful yellow blocks. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a finish! Hopefully you can get the quilting done before the baby comes. Anyone would love such a happy and colorful collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun projects in the works (and some of them YELLOW for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice pinwheel baby quilt! I am sure the new baby and family will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful baby quilt, Cathy. It's sure to be loved. The colors just sparkle.

    ReplyDelete