Friday, February 5, 2021

Scrappy Play Time

 


I am planning to teach this class again, Feb 15th is a a lecture for 1 hour at 7 pm. Then the main class is Feb 20th from 9 am till 4 pm mountain time zone. I will be doing this class on Zoom from my sewing room. I have done the class twice before and it all ran well. There were some good advantages to the zoom class, I could just grad stuff from my room to show you. You did not have to pack up any stuff, but stay in your sewing space. 

I have 6 students signed up now so if you are interested please email me. You can be anywhere in the world and join us. I take a max of 20 students. My time zone is Mountain. 

You can do the ball blocks or the star block. I will show you how I work with my scraps to make up these blocks. If you are fast some students get a sample of both blocks done in class. I will show you an idea for a table running in class so you can try this and not have to make a large quilt like Bounce Ball.

I also show you so many ideas I have done using my scraps. I hope to inspire my students to do so many different blocks and quilts.   


The Monday night will be mostly about sorting and storing your scraps so that they are easier to use quickly. Now that my scraps are under control I can quickly get out scraps and make a few blocks. It took tons of time to sort and get my scraps under control. Now I find my boxes so easy to find what I need for so many projects. 



Here is a block made by one of my students, Nadine. I love the variety of blues she has used. I am a real fan of whites that have a little colour and her background white is prefect.  

Cost of the class is $35.00 and I am now taking students. Please send me a message with your questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment