Saturday, June 16, 2012

3rd Purple Scrap Saturday


Scrappy Saturday is here. I have some more blocks to add to one of my rainbow quilts. I fell in love with this Rainbow Quilt last Nov and wanted to make one. I have made the inside part different for each block. I plan to do the sashing kind of the same but in green. The top block is a 6" star on the inside. To see more purple goodness check out the linky page at Soscrappy.

Friday night sew in was last night check out what they all worked on Here.


A purple log cabin with a twist for the second block.


This is a photo I took back in March after doing Brown, Red, Lime Green, Green and Pink. In May I did two Yellow blocks. I now have 13 blocks for my quilt and hope to get more done. I am thinking I could do another brown one. I feel like Blue is strongly missing so far.

Today I am sewing with the Leduc quilt guild on one of our UFO days. I hope to work on my son's quilt and RRCB quilt.

Up date June 17 for Linda who asked what size I have done these blocks (finish to 12" blocks). You too can do these. First the centre block is 6" finished (6 1/2" unfinished). I did different types of blocks. Six divided into so many unit sizes. Then the white is a 1 1/2" strip (1" finished) the piano key is cut 2 1/2" (finished to 2") It can be 2 1/2 units all sewn together or some strip piecing. The key can be any width from 1" to 3" but I kept mine to under 2".  I hope that has helped.

15 comments:

  1. Awesome blocks! Love all of them! I'm enjoying each month but I'm looking forward to the blue month, too.
    Sounds like you have planned a very busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks. What a great idea for a scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rainbow blocks are coming along really nice. I too wish blue comes up soon.... maybe next mont?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to worry, blue won't be missing forever. Love the way your blocks look together with the small band of white as separation. What a fun quilt this is becoming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh....I bet blue is on its way very soon :)
    Great blocks so far! Can't wait to see it come together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks look great!!! I agree some blue is needed - I am seeing that in my blocks too :*)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that rainbow quilt pattern, too! Your blocks look amazing. I especially like the different centers in each block!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fantastic idea...love the purple blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh MY! But these look wonderful!! Looking really very very good :) Blue will come round sometime in the next 6 months, LOL... Meanwhile, I LOVE your scrappy blocks so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love your purple block and I really like the way you do the centers differently on each one. Can you tell me what size these blocks finish at? I think you said the middle square is 6" but I can't find any more details. I'm thinking I will have to make one of these rainbow quilts too after seeing yours. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from FNSI and love your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What neat blocks, love how you are doing the centers all different!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the info, this will help me alot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous blocks! I think it is such a great idea to do all of the centers a little differently.

    ReplyDelete