Monday, June 11, 2012

Design Wall Monday June 11


Sunday the weather was cold and rainy so, I sewed a good part of the day. I worked on my RRCB quilt. I now have six main blocks completely done and some of the string blocks sewn together.  I have added this post to Patchwork Times and Sew Happy Geek linky page. 


I also worked on more purple triangles. When will they end. I still have more of these to do. 


Friday last week I got to go the Central Alberta Quilt Guild Show. Also known as the Red Deer Quilt Show. I did more shopping. There is a very large market mall at this show. Shops from BC and Manitoba and all over Alberta come to sell us goods. I had to buy more fabric. Some of the fabrics I got were only $1.50 to $3.39 for a FQ and in Canada. How can one not buy fabric then.


The book guy was there, so I picked out two books this time. Whitework Quilting by Karen McTavish. This book is out of print now. I was planning on buying it last Dec when I took the class but she sold out too quickly. Sorry the photo is side ways.


I also bought the Modern Patch Work book. I like a few of the quilts and will have to make some of them.


At the Red Deer show they sold Raffle quilt tickets on this quilt. It is made by some of the members.


Here is a small part of the quilt show. I did not get permission to post photos of some of the quilts. I should be asking each quilts maker and that is impossible. This is just one row. There are more then four rows of large quilts with at least three rows of small quilts and then all the market is around the outside and down another hall way. I am sure it is the largest floor area any quilt show in Alberta has.

6 comments:

  1. I see that I bought some of the same fabrics as you did! I went to the show on Saturday.

    Karen Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scrap quilt!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blocks. You picked the right colors to make them pop. LynnCC also has a Monday Linky at http://whatahootquilts.blogspot.com/ if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your RRCB is going to be great, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors in your RRCB -- this is going to be a great looking quilt. Nice goodies from the quilt show - I love good vendors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the background blocks almost as much as I do the purple blocks- it is going to be another beauty..
    I would have loved to have attended the show but I was too busy with year end school things- I love some of the Kaffe fabrics you found along with some of the other dots...
    Thanks for allowing me a peek so I could drool all over my screen LOL
    I do like the book guy- he does bring in some really reasonably priced books.
    Almost finished report cards- down to the last corrections..
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete