Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Customer's Flower Quilt


This is a hand appliquéd quilt by one on my customers. I think she got the pattern from a scrap book but I do not know which book. She tells me that she did not buy anything for this quilt. It was made from her stash only. I makes me think of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge I have been working on. This would make a great quilt for the challenge. I have added this post to Linky Party #18 over at Quilting by the River.


I have done leaves and loops by free hand in the background and the two boarders and then I have done echo quilting on the flower petals.


The yellow flower showed the thread lines some of the best. I changed thread colour to match the flower colour the best I could. Now back to work so more of my customers get their quilts back finished.

Hope you like my Bee Group Tuesday post. I try to post a quilt related project on Tuesday because my Bee Group has always met on Tuesdays every couple weeks. I think it has been more then 15 years now.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilting on it Cathy! Neat quilt and how great that it is all from her stash........must have a wonderful stash! Thanks for sharing!
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good scrap quilt and this one is wonderful! I like quilting designs you used - it complements the applique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower quilt! This would make a nice pattern for the rainbow scrap challenge. The echo quilting is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful! I love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete