Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bee Group and Shopping


I wanted to share this quilt with you. My Bee group friend bought this quilt at the Red Deer Quilt Show (only 1/4 of the quilt is showing). It was a sample quilt for a pattern by Prairie Quilt Mercantile.  They were selling some fully finished quilts and for cheep. You could not have bought the fabric for the price they were asking.  
I have added this post to Linky Party Tuesdays #20


I picked up the old spools at a local garage sale this past weekend. I love them. So glad I stopped at the garage sale. I knew the lady at the sale was a fellow crafter and should have good stuff. I also got some large Rick Rack for $1.


Do you know what this is? I had one in my room as a child. It is the glass ball that covers a celling light bulb. My mom picked it up for me to use in my garden. Now to find a good spot for it.


4 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful and so are your spools- It is always so fun to decorate with things from your childhood..
    Thanks for sharing - have a great Wednesday.
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's like winning the lottery, quilts for cheaper than you could make them and beautiful spools for 1. Just makes ya smile doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt your friend bought! Love those old spools and I remember globes like that!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is gorgeous. Your friend is very lucky to come across such a bargain.

    ReplyDelete