Saturday, June 23, 2012

Purple Log Cabin



This week I worked on my Purple Log Cabins for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2012. To see what the other bloggers have been working on check out the linky page at Soscrappy. I now have 8 purple blocks.



 I have been putting a little triangle in the centre and then adding 1 1/2" strip (twice around) then I add the 2" strips (twice around again). To make then more fun I have used a angle to add then. This way they are wonky.


This block I messed up on the angle and I will have to do some trimming to use it. I think I can just trim and use it.



When we worked on the pink scraps I only made two blocks and I thought I should have more pink block.  I have lots of pink strips. I may go back and do more red and green blocks. It will give me more options for the quilt and I have tons and tons of green strips.

I am going to an agility trial today. Wish us Luck.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck Cathy! Love the wonky log cabins and the idea of using a triangle in the center is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the agility trial. Your collection of pink and purple is looking great. Love the twist you gave your blocks. It adds such nice movement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eight pretty purple blocks! Best of luck at agility.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wonky log cabin blocks, Cathy Tomm. They are so interesting. Each different. I must give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a creative idea! It will be fun to try different layouts with these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of gorgeous fabrics in those blocks! Good luck with the agility trial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely log cabin blocks Cathy :) You have some gorgeous fabrics in them.

    ReplyDelete